Cancellation and refunds

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PupfosterG

Train Attendant
I made an error with my sleeping car reservation and realized it after I made purchase. So I immediately cancelled the reservation online. (More then 15 days out) It wasn't something I could modify and use as I am already traveling on Amtrak on another res.#. I just made a huge error in my dates.

Instead of a credit on my card, I received a eVoucher. I held this reservation before canceling for under a minute. 800# couldn't help. I need to call refunds dept. on Monday. In reading online policy, I can mail my eVoucher email into Amtrak Customer Refunds. While the initial mistake was all mine, why all the hoops to correct? I'll take the 10% hit refund fee. Anyone else have a similar situation? Was it easy to fix?

I made an error with my sleeping car reservation and realized it after I made purchase. So I immediately cancelled the reservation online. (More then 15 days out) It wasn't something I could modify and use as I am already traveling on Amtrak on another res.#. I just made a huge error in my dates.

Instead of a credit on my card, I received a eVoucher. I held this reservation before canceling for under a minute. 800# couldn't help. I need to call refunds dept. on Monday. In reading online policy, I can mail my eVoucher email into Amtrak Customer Refunds. While the initial mistake was all mine, why all the hoops to correct? I'll take the 10% hit refund fee. Anyone else have a similar situation? Was it easy to fix?
Did you make a corrected reservation after you cancelled the first one? Maybe you should have waited and used the eVoucher to help pay for the 2nd rez.

Initial res and trip all in order. Something else came up, thought it would work, made a new second res. after purchase realized I totally messed up the dates. I'll be in another part of the country. So second res. just need to be cancelled. My error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back