Cancelled Service - Who Calls?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan72

Lead Service Attendant
My wife and I are due to take the Empire Builder Seattle on Monday the 20th. Right now, things seems to be looking iffy, at best, if this trip will really happen. If there is a cancellation, will AGR contact me of Amtrak? If the trip is cancelled, I know I'll need to work with AGR for a refund of points, but I'm curious who would make the initial contact.

Dan

Amtrak will contact you. Of course since AGR is now in house, depending on call volumes it could well be an AGR rep that makes the call. Cancelling the reservation will automatically see your points redeposited into your account, unless you already have the tickets.

Now if you want to try to rework your plans to somehow still make the trip or rebook for a different time, then you'll need to get AGR on the phone unless you are lucky enough to get an AGR rep who makes the cancellation call.

Thanks, Alan!

Unfortunately, if this trip falls through, we'll need to postpone for a year as the summer is looking pretty booked up. Went online and made sure all phone info is up to date. :cool:

Thanks, again!

Dan

I was scheduled on the eastbound EB for Sat June 4. Wed evening I saw on this forum that it had been cancelled, so I called AGR. The rep confirmed it was cancelled, and said that they had left me a message to that effect. I did not receive that call, or any voicemail message. I'm just glad I saw the info here and called, so I had enough time to rebook another route.

Back