Can't decide what to do

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently strenuous hikes aren't on my list, but hopefully that will change in the next 7 months.

Do you have any suggestions for sunrise, sunset pics?
Depends on the weather/sky conditions, but the lakes are always photogenic at the beginning and end of the say. Since you're staying at East, I'd see how it looks over at Two Medicine .... which is one of my favorite spots in that part of the park, anyway.

Another idea for early/late photography nearby would be to drive up Looking Glass Hill around sunrise or sunset. (That's Montana 49, which heads north from East Glacier.) There are some pulloffs up there with nice views both into the park and out along the edge of the mountains, and I've gotten some nice shots from there.

You can get great sunset shots just a little west of Logan Pass, too ... but that's a couple hours away from East Glacier.

Currently strenuous hikes aren't on my list, but hopefully that will change in the next 7 months.

Do you have any suggestions for sunrise, sunset pics?
Depends on the weather/sky conditions, but the lakes are always photogenic at the beginning and end of the say. Since you're staying at East, I'd see how it looks over at Two Medicine .... which is one of my favorite spots in that part of the park, anyway.

Another idea for early/late photography nearby would be to drive up Looking Glass Hill around sunrise or sunset. (That's Montana 49, which heads north from East Glacier.) There are some pulloffs up there with nice views both into the park and out along the edge of the mountains, and I've gotten some nice shots from there.

You can get great sunset shots just a little west of Logan Pass, too ... but that's a couple hours away from East Glacier.
I've got to agree with you on the photography at Looking Glass Hill. My waistline and I will both second your recommendation of the food service in the great metropolis of Polebridge. It is fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back