Capitol Corridor Crew Name Badges

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having ridden the Capitol Corridor quite a bit commuting, I noticed that the crew members (Conductor, Asst. Conductor, and LSA) have new name tags. The name tags are the smaller size version. They contain the crew members first name, a small Amtrak logo on the upper left (looking at it) corner and a Capitol Corridor logo on the upper right corner.

These appear to have replaced the newer larger Amtrak name tags that had the Crew Member's first initial and last name (or first name) along with their position on the bottom.

Being from the West Coast and having only ridden Amtrak routes that touch California or Oregon, I ask do any other routes have a particular branding? I assume other state routes might or the Acela Express, however I haven't personally seen them.

Capitol Corridor and the CCJPA have always been trying to market itself with more distinct branding so these name tags may be another step in that direction.

Slightly OT but holiday trains have been busy today using 6-8 car consists of California/Surfliner cars instead of the usual 4-5 car consists on the Capitol Corridor and San Joaquin routes. The Comet Car train set was also expanded for trains 712/717 (changed rotation for the holiday week). Not sure on any official numbers but the seats have been full on the 2-3 trains I have been on today.

Seems like a few of the San Joaquin crews are also using the new name badges. I assume this is because they are crewed out of Oakland/Sacramento along with the Capitol Corridor. Not sure if it is now mandated they wear these instead of the Amtrak name badges but they seem to now be the new norm.

I wonder how the crews feel about this....personally speaking, if I were in their place, I would resent it....I would rather be identified as belonging to the national network, rather than a "spin-off" regional entity, I suppose that most could care less, as long as they were properly compensated for their work......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back