Capitol Limited Consist-January

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ray828

Train Attendant
Hello everyone,

I'm scheduled to depart WAS to CHI on train 29, the 9th of January. Does anyone know if the consist will be shortened this year? Last year, Amtrak took the SSL and other cars out of the train until spring. I'm a big fan of the SSL so I'm hoping that it stays this year. Appreciate any information you guys have.

Thanks,

Ray

Hello everyone,

I'm scheduled to depart WAS to CHI on train 29, the 9th of January. Does anyone know if the consist will be shortened this year? Last year, Amtrak took the SSL and other cars out of the train until spring. I'm a big fan of the SSL so I'm hoping that it stays this year. Appreciate any information you guys have.

Thanks,

Ray
Not sure just when it will happen, but you can book it that the consist on the Cap will be shortened during the "slow" winter season including having a CCC serve as a combo Diner/Cafe Car just like last winter.

Watched it on Chesterton webcam today definitely had an SSL

I'm having breakfast on the CL as I type this....in a Cross Country Cafe.

The SSL is also on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope it holds out till the 16th. I'm on 29 the whole way.

I was on it last week. It had both the SSL and Diner/Cafe. They had the lower level of the SSL blocked off.

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1451827078.887579.jpg
I can't tell from the picture but have the triple c's been reconfigured to remove the booths that face inward towards the aisle? The so called "mafia seats".

attachicon.gif
I can't tell from the picture but have the triple c's been reconfigured to remove the booths that face inward towards the aisle? The so called "mafia seats".
I was just on 30 and the diner section had all "regular" seats; but the cafe section still had some of the "mafia" seats.

attachicon.gif
I was just on 30 and the diner section had all "regular" seats; but the cafe section still had some of the "mafia" seats.
Thanks. I forgot that the seating on the two sides were different. Back in 2009 on the CL the side with the mafia seats was the one used for dining service.

The "Mafia Seats" are fine for Lounging as they encourage folks to interact; here folks are not having to fight for eating space. If you look at car diagrams for pre-Amtrak Lounges, there were all kinds of interesting "cozy" configurations. Now, as for the updated CCC Dining Side tables, they do curve away from the aisle end occupant, making it a bit of a stretch to get at those plates.

Hello everyone,

Thanks,

Ray
It will be but the lounge is supposedly staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back