Capitol Limited Diner and Sightseer Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjh2

Train Attendant
I know that the diner and SSL were taken out of service on the Capitol Limited a few months back. I was wondering if they have returned to service? I have a tripped booked on the Capitol Limited in late April and early May.

Thanks.

I know that the diner and SSL were taken out of service on the Capitol Limited a few months back. I was wondering if they have returned to service? I have a tripped booked on the Capitol Limited in late April and early May.

Thanks.
Yes, they have returned.

Ok, thanks. This will be my first trip on Amtrak so I am excited and a little nervous, but mostly excited. I also wonder when riding the Cap, do you see any of the Great Lakes? It's looks like it might be possible based on the maps I've seen.

Ok, thanks. This will be my first trip on Amtrak so I am excited and a little nervous, but mostly excited. I also wonder when riding the Cap, do you see any of the Great Lakes? It's looks like it might be possible based on the maps I've seen.
You'll have to ask RyanS and SarahZ about that...and be prepared for humorous responses. :)

Well the Train crosses Sandusky bay of Lake Erie, likely before daylight and follows the shore of Lake Michigan along its Industral coast.

You do, yes. Unlike the Hiawatha. The rumors of a lake on that train turned out to be unfounded.
To be fair, the map made it look like the lake would be visible. The map lied, not me. :p

On the Capitol Limited, you'll see Lake Michigan briefly in Indiana, and, if you are awake late at night, you can see Lake Erie at Sandusky and Cleveland. If you are on the train eastbound when it crosses the bridge over Sandusky Bay, you can look out over the water and see the lights of the world-famous Cedar Point Amusement Park in the distance. Cedar Point can't be missed as its tallest coaster is 420 feet tall. And it has 3 others over 200 feet tall.

In Cleveland, the Amtrak station is right next to Lake Erie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back