Capitol Limited - Harpers Ferry W.V.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice picture!

I've always enjoyed Harpers Ferry and of course watching trains cross the bridge.

Deimos

Just curious. I was aboard Last Thursday and the consist looked almost identical, however the trees aren't filled out enough in your pic.

Can anyone tell me about the two Express-Trak reefers coupled onto the bottom? My train also had these and I thought that Amtrak was no longer carrying any mail and express packages.

Don

MichiganFoamer said:
Can anyone tell me about the two Express-Trak reefers coupled onto the bottom? My train also had these and I thought that Amtrak was no longer carrying any mail and express packages.
Not all Express-Trak went away. There were a few contracts, including one with the growers of Washington State that Amtrak couldn't get out of. So they are still carrying small amounts of Express Trak, especially fruits in the reefers.

Terry

It certainly seems like you have the right touch for taking some really nice pictures!

I take it you have watched many Capital Limiteds run through Hapers Ferry. How often are they triple headed? I guess the extra reefers and the Ohio Central car required additional motive power.

Deimos

Thanks Terry :)

I was just curious - I've never seen more than two locos. Thanks again for the great pictures.

Deimos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back