Capitol Limited Sleepers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakmichigan

Lead Service Attendant
Would any of you know if the CL's sleepers are on the front or rear of the train. I know a few years back Amtrak decided to run sleepers on the rear of the trains; at least on Viewliner trains. Just wondering what the current status is now.

Would any of you know if the CL's sleepers are on the front or rear of the train. I know a few years back Amtrak decided to run sleepers on the rear of the trains; at least on Viewliner trains. Just wondering what the current status is now.
You know, I took it a month ago and I can't even remember. I want to say they're on the front, because I feel like I had a long walk down the platform in Chicago.

I rode PGH-CHI about a week ago, and on that day/trip the sleepers were up front and the coaches in back.

As others have said, the sleepers are in the front. Harpers Ferry (HFY) has been my home since 2002, either on a full time basis or more recently on a seasonal basis. I have watched the Capitol Limited stop at HFY hundreds of time and the sleepers have without fail always been in the front.

If you're ever wondering in the future, there is a thread that I try to keep updated.
And you do a great job! Thanks so much. I look at your thread on any long distance trip I make.
me too. Thanks for keeping that updated.

No problem. :)

Truth be told, I'd keep an updated list even if there weren't a thread. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back