Car Order on the Silvers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jen G

Train Attendant
I was wondering if anyone knew the order of the cars on the Silver Meteor and Silver Star. I've taken them both once before (in March) and the sleepers are at the end of the train before the baggage car. Is this usually the order or do they ever change them? I'm going from NYP - HOL in September and I was curious if the sleepers will still be in the back or moved to the front. I liked not hearing the train horn too loudly in the back!

Thanks!!

I was wondering if anyone knew the order of the cars on the Silver Meteor and Silver Star. I've taken them both once before (in March) and the sleepers are at the end of the train before the baggage car. Is this usually the order or do they ever change them? I'm going from NYP - HOL in September and I was curious if the sleepers will still be in the back or moved to the front. I liked not hearing the train horn too loudly in the back!

Thanks!!
Right now, the sleepers are at the front of the train just behind the baggage car. You can check the latest car arrangement of all the Amtrak long distance trains HERE.

When the sleepers and diner are on the rear...Are the long-distance passengers still put in the coach(s)in front, while short-distance passengers the coach(s) behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back