Card Security

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take back everything I said, everything about AGR is wonderful, perfect and happy. AGR has no flaws. in fact, none of you have any flaws. You are all perfect and I can only aspire to achieve your level of being. Please accept my humble gratitude for your deep wisdom and thoughtful comments. I promise from here on in to only speak of my AGR card in hushed, reverent tones.

I'd rather make a quick phone call to authorize charges than deal with the hassle of clearing up a stolen card with fraudulent charges. The former is much easier and takes about five minutes.
I do business with five different card companies and I've visited roughly 150 locations outside of my hometown during my various travels.

5 minutes x 5 institutions x 150 locations = around 3,750 minutes. That's not very practical in my view.

I take back everything I said, everything about AGR is wonderful, perfect and happy. AGR has no flaws. in fact, none of you have any flaws. You are all perfect and I can only aspire to achieve your level of being. Please accept my humble gratitude for your deep wisdom and thoughtful comments. I promise from here on in to only speak of my AGR card in hushed, reverent tones.
Oh, for crying out loud. Either grow a backbone or take your ball and go home. You're acting like a child because two or three people disagreed with you, and now you've gone even further and decided to drag your drama into the Introductions thread, where it most certainly doesn't belong. You're only making yourself look bad, nobody else. Nobody was mean to you. Disagreeing with your opinion is not the same as telling you you can't have an opinion.

Devil's Advocate disagreed with me in the response above this one, and it didn't ruffle me one bit. He thinks calling is a pain and presented his reasons, which I understand. It's as simple as that, and it won't keep me from posting or get me upset. I don't think he dislikes me. I don't take it as an affront on my character. He didn't insult me or tell me what I said was stupid. We're just two different people with two different ways of thinking. No harm done. That's how the world works. People disagree. It happens. You aren't going to have much fun on the internet (or in life) if you get upset every time someone disagrees with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorcha, please take your own advice. If you don't like my postings you are free to ignore them. I can put whatever I like into my introduction, drama queen or not. And I find your lecture absolutely laughable. But thanks for your concern about my children. They are doing great.

Oh, for crying out loud. Either grow a backbone or take your ball and go home. You're acting like a child because two or three people disagreed with you, and now you've gone even further and decided to drag your drama into the Introductions thread, where it most certainly doesn't belong. You're only making yourself look bad, nobody else. Nobody was mean to you. Disagreeing with your opinion is not the same as telling you you can't have an opinion.

Devil's Advocate disagreed with me in the response above this one, and it didn't ruffle me one bit. He thinks calling is a pain and presented his reasons, which I understand. It's as simple as that, and it won't keep me from posting or get me upset. I don't think he dislikes me. I don't take it as an affront on my character. He didn't insult me or tell me what I said was stupid. We're just two different people with two different ways of thinking. No harm done. That's how the world works. People disagree. It happens. You aren't going to have much fun on the internet (or in life) if you get upset every time someone disagrees with you.
** LIKE **

Just figured out the blocking mechanism. For the last time on this topic, if someone doesn't like what I have to say, go ahead and ignore me. I will be happy to do the same Don't lecture or preach to me as Sorcha did, or if you do, just know that will result in your being ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just figured out the blocking mechanism. For the last time on this topic, if someone doesn't like what I have to say, go ahead and ignore me. I will be happy to do the same Don't lecture or preach to me as Sorcha did, or if you do, just know that will result in your being ignored.
Wow, a little sensitive aren't we? I thought she was pretty close to the mark. I have about 25 years on the internet and this was quite nice, you ought to see real lecturing. :blink:

Michigan Mom: I too use ignore... but not to "get back" at the person, as in : "Don't lecture or preach to me as Sorcha did, or if you do, just know that will result in your being ignored. "

It's more like, to keep myself from the feelings I get when I am annoyed - sometimes at a poster, and sometimes at myself.

Another thing that makes me consider ingoring someone is when they complain bitterly about the system not working for them, even though there are many factors, and that same system seems to work just fine to me and to others.

When I go to my bank and they ask me for an ID, sometimes I feel a surge of annoyance - jeez how many times do I come in here? Don't they recognize me? But then I take a deep breath and say, "Yes here's my ID... and I appreciate you looking out for ME and the security of MY account."

Just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back