Cardinal Operating with a Superliner Consist.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to the unfortunate events described in the Amtrak train with GOP congressional members hits truck (1/31/18) thread, 50(1Feb18) is operating to WAS with a Superliner consist. Passengers for BAL-NYP will transfer at WAS to connecting trains.

Perhaps this can serve as a master thread for such deviations.
Question is, are there enough Superliners to cover it, along with western LD's and the Auto Train?

If this is to be a main thread, perhaps it is time to ask the moderators to pin the thread.

Due to the unfortunate events described in the Amtrak train with GOP congressional members hits truck (1/31/18) thread, 50(1Feb18) is operating to WAS with a Superliner consist. Passengers for BAL-NYP will transfer at WAS to connecting trains.

Question is, are there enough Superliners to cover it, along with western LD's and the Auto Train?
If this is to be a main thread, perhaps it is time to ask the moderators to pin the thread.
It may be a one & done operation.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Superliner substitution for the Cardinal is a once in a great while event that I do not think justifies a pinned topic on its own.

There are some other sites that force almost all irregular operation discussions into one giant, generically-named topic. I'm not a fan of that. I believe that individual, timely, and specifically titled topics for current issues are more useful. That also allows easier searches in the future. If an specific incident is generating lots of discussion, we pin it. Once it has played out, we un-pin it.

Superliner substitution for the Cardinal is a once in a great while event that I do not think justifies a pinned topic on its own.

There are some other sites that force almost all irregular operation discussions into one giant, generically-named topic. I'm not a fan of that. I believe that individual, timely, and specifically titled topics for current issues are more useful. That also allows easier searches in the future. If an specific incident is generating lots of discussion, we pin it. Once it has played out, we un-pin it.
While I wasn't considering pinning this topic, I was thinking along the lines of using this thread for when the Cardinal single level equipment is subbed with Superliner equipment.. That way, a bunch of threads with different dates show up when you search.

What is your opinion?

While this is being contemplated, due to the aforementioned incident, 51(4feb18) while use Superliner equipment WAS-CHI. Passengers scheduled to board at stations north of WAS, while ride other trains and transfer at WAS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back