Cardinal Service Disruption?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday the trains were annulled from Huntingtown to DC because of the snowstorm. I guess that it's not cleaned up completely yet. No idea if the trains are going to run all the way through or not.

The actual reason for the service disruption is due to track work between Huntington and Charlottesville. That portion is the Buckingham Branch.

Actually they are operating, but with a train CHI-HUN or HUN-CHI, a 7.5+ hour bus bridge HUN-CVS or CVS-HUN and a train CVS-NYP or NYP-CVS. I was scheduled for that trip. :eek:

Nothing seems to be running on the Buckingham Branch which is a couple of blocks away from me here in Charlottesville. The snow has been undisturbed on the tracks (I have a photo). There has been a line of empty CSX coal cars parked over on the UVA campus north of the Amtrak station since before the storm.

Nothing seems to be running on the Buckingham Branch which is a couple of blocks away from me here in Charlottesville. The snow has been undisturbed on the tracks (I have a photo). There has been a line of empty CSX coal cars parked over on the UVA campus north of the Amtrak station since before the storm.
Any idea of whether the Cardinal will be running Sunday?

Have you ever driven to the Prince train station from I-64? That alone is probably 1 hour round trip! :eek: And of course the train on the other end can not depart until all the buses arrive.

And I have yet to see 1 bus that holds 300 passengers. (Nor do I want to!) So they need more then 1 bus.

Have you ever driven to the Prince train station from I-64? That alone is probably 1 hour round trip! :eek: And of course the train on the other end can not depart until all the buses arrive.
And I have yet to see 1 bus that holds 300 passengers. (Nor do I want to!) So they need more then 1 bus.
Now that I think of it, I don't think you can get to Thurmond by road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back