Cardinal sleeper car orientation and lounge car access

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, the moral of the story is that when the call rolls over to your answering machine and you realize what it is, you pick it up as quickly as possible. If you missed the call and listen to your messages and realize you missed an Amtrak call, you add the number to your phone contacts as an Amtrak number so the next time it calls, you see the name Amtrak.

Works like a charm for me. Both for my home phone as well as my cell phone.
Hardly foolproof. Many, if not most, people now deal with voicemail, rather than a traditional answering machine. Thus, one does not hear the message as it is being left. As for the contacts, I do indeed add such numbers to my contact list; however, there are quite often many such "back of the house" numbers, meaning that the next call is likely to be from yet another number, resulting in yet another missed call.

They didn't leave a message. But, I'm curious because I'm not very savvy with my iPhone - how do you hear a message being left on a cellphone? I don't hear it.
The best thing would be if the screen said "Amtrak" when the robot calls. (It will for me now, of course, since I added it.) In my case, no harm done, it was nothing urgent and it all worked out.
"If you missed the call and listen to your messages" as in listen to your voicemail. I guess it was not as clear as intended.

Back