Carry on luggage for #2 Sunset Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does NOL have a baggage storage room? Check you items for a few hours before departure.
NOL has a Lounge of a sort called the Magnolia Room for Sleeping Car Passengers.( you get the code from the Amtrak Agent @ the Ticket Counter)

It is smalll and very basic with a few chairs, a TV and a coffee pot but you can leave your stuff there, it should be safe, you might ask other waiting passengers to keep an eye on it, or you can "day check" it with the Agent for the Amtrak Standard $4 a bag fee.

A Conductor or Amtrak Police Officer will come get the Sleeping Car Passengers to go to the boarding gate ( they usualky Check IDs when scanning tickets) for first boarding while the Coach Passengers line up at the door.

The NOL Agents have a Cart to give rides to/from your Sleeper if needed, since the Trains back into the Station, and it is a bit of a walk down the Platform to the Front of the Train.

I've left bags in the Metropolitan lounge while going across to get some excellent Mexican food. I'm taking the New Orleans trip in June. The train doesn't pull out until 10 p.m. so I like to get to the beautiful Union Station early just for the atmosphere. Then I usually head across Alameda Ave for Mexican food on Olvera Street. But there's another place about four or five blocks away that I have yet to try. It's a grocery/deli called Little Jewel of New Orleans at 207 Ord Street, just a block up from Philippe's - toward Chinatown. I hope that you enjoy your trip to New Orleans. Laissez bon temps roule.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've left bags in the Metropolitan lounge while going across to get some excellent Mexican food. I'm taking the New Orleans trip in June. The train doesn't pull out until 10 p.m. so I like to get to the beautiful Union Station early just for the atmosphere. Then I usually head across Alameda Ave for Mexican food on Olvera Street. But there's another place about four or five blocks away that I have yet to try. It's a grocery/deli called Little Jewel of New Orleans at 207 Ord Street, just a block up from Philippe's - toward Chinatown. I hope that you enjoy your trip to New Orleans. Laissez bon temps roule.
Thanks for the info and tip on the Jewel. I was thinking of heading towards Chinatown so I'll check it out if I get their early enough. It closes at 9:00 with take out only after 8:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back