Cascades luggage storage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
Wondering if the luggage storage area (not checked) on Cascades coach cars are as large as the ones on Superliner sleepers.....We will have 2 carry-ons and 2 large suitcases....
help.gif

Wondering if the luggage storage area (not checked) on Cascades coach cars are as large as the ones on Superliner sleepers.....We will have 2 carry-ons and 2 large suitcases....
help.gif
The luggage storage areas on Cascades coach cars are definitely smaller than those on Superliner sleepers. I don't have exact dimensions to give you (maybe somebody else does), but here is a photo I found on the Internet that shows the storage area in a business class car, and if I remember correctly, the ones in coach are the same size. The luggage storage area is to the left of the door in the photo. It is maybe 24 or 30 inches wide. As you can see in the photo, there is over-seat storage as well.

help.gif
As the picture shows the overhead is small, and there isnt a whole lot of room for large luggage! (Superliners have the most luggage space outside the rooms of any convience Ive seen!) Are you going to/from a station that has checked luggage? If so, why not let them handle it for you? Otherwise, as usual in Amtrak, if you can carry it on/off, you can carry it on/off!! :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just returned from a trip where we traveled on Cascades from Seattle to Olympia return. The overheads are very small - wouldn't take an airline-sized carry-on, I'm sure - a small duffel, yes. The storage for larger luggage is that small area you see directly behind the left-hand rear seat - that's it! We were lucky to get our two 25 inch suitcases in there. If you can check it from your departure point, well advised to do so!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back