CBS Sunday Morning - High Speed Trains in the US

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philzy

Train Attendant
Just happened to see that CBS will be showing a headline story on Sunday morning about High Speed Trains in the US if anyone happens to catch this before it comes on and wants to watch.

I'll post more once it comes on.

Just happened to see that CBS will be showing a headline story on Sunday morning about High Speed Trains in the US if anyone happens to catch this before it comes on and wants to watch.
I'll post more once it comes on.
So, it's a great little blurb promoting Obama's commitment to High Speed Rail in the US however there is no real "news" if you've been keeping up with plans around the country for HSR. The main focus of course is on California's HSR even showing the opposition by a few Cali residents. It did show some pros and cons of the HSR and showed some CGI that isn't shown on the Calif HSR site.

It will prob be placed on the CBS Sunday Morning website tomorrow (Monday) if you want to check it out.

Regards,

Phil

Agree with Philzy, but remember, who was the TARGET AUDIENCE for this? "John Q. Public". And for that, I think it came across pretty well. Liked the point made by one who said ".....Look even during the Great Depression, Cali still built the Golden Gate Bridge and the Bay Bridge..........." Over all pretty positive, with a gentle (and reasonable) reminder that you can't go at this thing (HSR) with an open checkbook. Trick is to find a way to "pay the teachers salary" AND fund the capital cost of HSR start up.

Already being discussed here.

I'll probably merge these two topics later today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back