CCC on Capitol Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have planned a trip on the capitol limited from Waterloo IN, to Chicago IL. And just read about the new dining service. I read the other post regarding this, but didnt see a large amount of information

ie photos menus, prices, reviews

also just making sure their is still a observation car on it?

thanks and best regards

As I mentioned very recently in my trip report in the Trip Report section, entitled "The second anual gathering", the CCC overall is ok. I still prefer the regular dining car, but the new menu being served on the Capitol in the CCC as well as other Amtrak trains, IMHO is a hit. Several others traveling with me also agreed, that the new menu is a BIG step up from the past menus of the last few years.

The service was the best that the two lone employees could provide. They tried very, very hard to serve everyone in a timely manor, but they were simply overwhelmed with the number of people in the sleepers wanting dinner. I don't fault the Lead Service Attendant nor the Service Attendant at all. I could have brought those two guys roller skates and they still couldn't have kept up with the passenger load. Hopefully someone at Amtrak will take notice that one SA and one LSA cannot handle two full sleepers and one half full dorm car.

And yes, the Sightseer Lounge is still running on the Capitol and it still functions as the cafe car. The CCC functions only as a dining car, even though it is a poor substitute IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back