Chaging a Name on a Ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
I'm in a sticky spot. My Dad might be backing out of the trip for his birthday and if I can find someone to go with me I would be changing the name on the ticket to their name. How hard is it to do that??

But option B is cancelling his ticket and keeping mine. How hard would this be??? Easy or hard? I have NOT printed the tickets I will be picking them up at the ClubAcela at PHL.

Any thoughts on this.. I need some help here.

Thanks,

Steve

I'm in a sticky spot. My Dad might be backing out of the trip for his birthday and if I can find someone to go with me I would be changing the name on the ticket to their name. How hard is it to do that??
Not hard at all, just go to your reservation online and edit the info. You can do this only if the ticket hasn't been printed.

But option B is cancelling his ticket and keeping mine. How hard would this be??? Easy or hard? I have NOT printed the tickets I will be picking them up at the ClubAcela at PHL.
You can cancel any portion of reservation up until the ticket is printed for a full refund.

It's not hard to do at all, and it may not even be necessary. You can just call Amtrak, and have the name changed, or if you want to chance not getting ID'ed (which I have never been - not even asked for my AAA card on the train), you may not even have to go that far. Bob or Mike could pass for Dave, but I doubt Sue or Sally could pass for Dave!
mosking.gif

It's not hard to do at all, and it may not even be necessary. You can just call Amtrak, and have the name changed, or if you want to chance not getting ID'ed (which I have never been - not even asked for my AAA card on the train), you may not even have to go that far. Bob or Mike could pass for Dave, but I doubt Sue or Sally could pass for Dave!
mosking.gif
Guess you've never heard of a boy named Sue!! :lol:

Or maybe traveled on trains in the San Francisco area!! :lol: :lol:

I made an AGR reservation in the name Linda, then called and changed it to Jim. Still haven't printed the tickets.

Perhaps, just for laughs I should give Jim some tix in the name Linda and see what happens :help:

Nah, Jim's a good guy :lol:

Nah, Jim's a good guy :lol:
That's news to me!
mosking.gif
I resemble that remark! :p As Groucho once said: "I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have me for a member!" :lol: :lol: :lol: And according to some on line story I saw somewhere, Unisex names are making a big comeback! (Leslie,Sandy,Sean etc.) :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
And according to some on line story I saw somewhere, Unisex names are making a big comeback! (Leslie,Sandy,Sean etc.) :eek:
Then there is my gal-pal Sam. Her right name is Shirley Ann M&&*( and she has the good taste to not like the name Shirley. :giggle:

And according to some on line story I saw somewhere, Unisex names are making a big comeback! (Leslie,Sandy,Sean etc.) :eek:
Then there is my gal-pal Sam. Her right name is Shirley Ann M&&*( and she has the good taste to not like the name Shirley. :giggle:
Right out of "Airplane": "And don't call me Shirley!" :lol: (Leslie :giggle: Nielsen as the doctor!)

I'm glad her first name was not Denise and she had a second last name of Nelson!
ohmy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back