change date

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg1956a

Train Attendant
I might have to change my date from leaving on Sat Oct 19 to Fri Oct 18 having a surprise birthday on Oct 27 will I have to pay extra to change date already paid for trip

Thanks

It all depends. If you used an AGR award, and there's a seat or room on the other train, then no. If you paid for the trip, it depends on the bucket (fare) on the other train. If it's a higher bucket, you will have to pay more. But it's also possible the other train may be in a lower bucket - which means you'll pay less! :)

Either way, there is no "change fee"!

There is no change fee like the airlines, but like Ryan said, you will need to pay the fare difference.

It is really easy if you booked online but like others have said, you would be responsible for the higher fare or get an e-voucher if it is cheaper. I have a reservation for a trip I was going to make several weeks ago, couldn't do it the first week so I have changed it twice already. Hopefully I can get a way next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back