Change of date!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
I'm scheduled to travel on the Southbound #91 on Thursday. If the Wednsday # 91 is a few hours late I'd like to catch that instead. I'm using rail sale tickets. Will they let me do that with out charge?

Thanks!!!!

The ticket agent will definitely say NO, not without turning in that ticket for a credit toward the regular coach fare on Wednesday's train.

However I am willing to bet that if you just boarded Wednesday's train with a ticket for the next day's train and acted like it was a mistake you didn't realize before, the conductor would just lift the ticket and tell you to be more careful next time. That is if the conductor even bothers to look at the date printed on the ticket. Most of the time they don't.

I have used a few rail sale tickets on the wrong dates and the conductor didn't even notice.

Hey, try this on for size. This will not speak to your situation today, with computerized reservations, but I have in my possession an old ticket stub for the wrong YEAR.

It is an old pre-Amtrak ticket, way before computerized reservations. It was for a return trip in January,(which had begun in December) don't remember the year, but the agent manually wrote in the year ending in December, for a return in January.

You know how we all have trouble remembering to write in a new year? Anyway this was for a return ticket on, say, Jan. 5, 1964, and the agent wrote in like 1963.

The conductor didn't even notice it (or perhaps he knew it was an innocent mistake and didn't say anyting). In fact I did not even notice it until I got home.

Back