change of destination

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

greg1956a

Train Attendant
I already made reservations for my trip.I'm ariving in LA on board the SWC taking the CS.My question is my hotel is close to Jack London Square Amtrak Station.My ticket I got say LA to Emeryville can I get off at Jack London station.

Thanks

Greg

Absolutley, just inform conductor of your desire.
As long as the stop is earlier, I don't think you need to tell the conductor as long as you tell the car attendant - either coach or sleeper - so you can make sure that the doors open for you.

Just on Friday I took the silver star from NYP - ALX and got off in WAS. I just told the car attendant. She said no problem and helped me with my luggage off the train.

As long as you do not check any bags, there's no problem. If you do, your bags will be checked to EMY. (However, I did check my bags BOS-WAS even though I had a BOS-ALX ticket. I explained I had a meeting to attend, but will be staying that night in DC.)

If you know about it in advance that you're going to get off early, just let the people who check your bags in know you plan to detrain early. I would also advise letting the Conductor know when he/she comes by to lift your ticket. Let your TA know as well so they can ensure you're up for the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back