changing tickets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dn4192

Service Attendant
Presently I have purchased a one way ticket on the Cardinal from Indy to Trenton. I am considering changing that and taking the Hoosier to Chicago then the LSL from Chicago to NYC. Main reason is I keep seeing that the Cardinal continues to run late, this past week almost 4 hours late which would mean an arrival in Trenton around 2am. Meanwhile the LSL is no where near running that late. Would I have to get a full refund then repurchase the new ticket or can you contact Amtrak, pay the difference and have the new ticket issued? There is about a $30 increase in going with the Hooiser/LSL over taking the Cardinal.

I have had two situations as you describe and in both cases, Customer Service reversed

my original reservation and booked a new one. In one case, I had to pay more. I recently

changed my departure date on an existing reservation so I booked on line a new reservation

and then called to have my previous reservation (sleeper) canceled. The next day, the

credit appeared on my credit card account.

I am going to have to consider it. Overall it will cost me about $40 more with also having to get a train ticket from NYC out to my friends place in NJ, but if the cardinal continues to run 3-4 hours late....

Also, did you print your ticket? If the ticket is printed you will need to make the switch at the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back