Charley's aftermath

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakWPK

Conductor
AU Supporting Member
Honored Member
I'll post a couple of pix later. Friday night was quite a ride. Lost our 40 year old grapefruit tree, almost lost the 12' satellite dish. As of yesterday evening, the "A" Line between Orlando and Sanford was still sitting dark, dark signals, broken grade crossing arms, broken or missing crossing lights, etc. And I'm sure there were quite a few trees laying acrossing the tracks in various places. What a mess! We just got power back last night (Wednesday night), having been out of power since about 8:30 pm last Friday night. Had peak winds at the house of close to 100 mph, sustained winds probably at least 85-90. All kinds of trees down on houses, cars, and so forth, just in our subdivision alone. And all this damage from a storm that had already crossed 150+ miles of land after coming ashore.

Winter Park sustained alot of damage. On the east coast we faired allittle bit better. We still had fallen treees and broken signs. Debris were/are cluttered everywhere. Traffic lights were out for a few days making it a pain to get through major intersections. I was without power for 48 hours, loosing it at 7:00pm friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back