Chase Rebate bonus?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayman

Engineer
Yesterday, I did a bunch of stuff with AGR:

I bought 10,000 AGR for myself on Buy Points (to also get myself 3,000 bonus).

I redeemed a two-zone bedroom award for 30,000 AGR.

After doing both of these, I looked at my account activity, and saw:

04/30/2010 Bonus Chase Rebate bonus 3,000

and the award redemption for -30,000.

Is the "Chase Rebate bonus" the Buy Points bonus? That's what I'd assumed yesterday.

Then I did two more things:

I bought 5,000 AGR for my dad on Buy Points (to also get him 1,500 bonus).

I bought 6,500 AGR for my mom on Buy Points (to also get her 1,950 bonus).

I told Dad I thought the extra points (1,500 and 1,950) would show up first, and the actual purchased points (5,000 and 6,500) would probably show up a day or several later.

Instead, he reports today that the actual purchased points have posted to both their accounts but the extra points have not!

And I've just checked my account activity, and see my purchased points have now posted:

05/01/2010 Bonus Buy Points 10,000

So ... is it weird that my parents have not gotten their extra points? Should I be concerned on their behalf? The receipts clearly show the bonus points, so it should be straightforward to fix this problem, if it's actually a problem.

Or is "Chase Rebate bonus" something other than my extra points that is coincidentally the same number of points, and we should all expect the bonus points from Buy Points to post sometime later?

(Why the weird purchase amounts for my parents? Those points, plus their relatively low current balances, get each of them to just above 10,500 for a three-zone coach reward -- which will be their return trip from EMY-CHI-CVS-LYH :) It saves about $100 to do it this way compared to buying tickets, even with the senior fare discount!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday, I did a bunch of stuff with AGR:
I bought 10,000 AGR for myself on Buy Points (to also get myself 3,000 bonus).

I redeemed a two-zone bedroom award for 30,000 AGR.

After doing both of these, I looked at my account activity, and saw:

04/30/2010 Bonus Chase Rebate bonus 3,000

and the award redemption for -30,000.

Is the "Chase Rebate bonus" the Buy Points bonus? That's what I'd assumed yesterday.
The "Chase Rebate bonus" is the 10% rebate you get for booking AGR awards when you have the Chase AGR Mastercard. On 4/1 I redeemed a one-zone AGR award (MOT-CHI-WAS-SDL) for 20,000 points, and received a 2,000 point Chase Rebate bonus. I've never bought points, so I don't know how AGR records those transactions.

The "Chase Rebate bonus" is the 10% rebate you get for booking AGR awards when you have the Chase AGR Mastercard. On 4/1 I redeemed a one-zone AGR award (MOT-CHI-WAS-SDL) for 20,000 points, and received a 2,000 point Chase Rebate bonus. I've never bought points, so I don't know how AGR records those transactions.
:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

There's ... a ... secret ... 10% rebate ... just for having the AGR MC?!?!?!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

This message originally had twelve blinks and twelve smiles, but I got an error message: "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" You'll just have to imagine the extras!

Back