Chat

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a web based chat application that doesn't require a java applet, and can be joined also by an client that supports xmpp (aka jabber/google talk)

is anybody interested?

Will there be the regular chat tonight...?
Sadly, no. :(

Anthony is still waiting for the new server to get installed so that he can transfer everything off the temporary/emergency server that the board is currently running on. Once the new server is installed, things should be back to normal. Hopefully that will be in time for next Sunday's chat session.

Oh alright well all we can do is hope lol and maybe get a chat going next week and also we can thank anothony and u alan for all the work you guys do as well as our mods MrFss, GG-1 AmtrakWPK and anyone else i cant recall

hope to see u all next week (in chat)

SERVER MAINTENANCE

If you don't see what you are expecting at this Web address, please be advised that emergency server maintenance as of October 21, 2008 has temporarily taken this site offline. Please try back in a few days. Thank you.

This may be for tonight BUT, I have tried to connect for about 3 weeks and have always been sent to the discussion hompage and can never get to the chat page. Any idea why??

SERVER MAINTENANCEIf you don't see what you are expecting at this Web address, please be advised that emergency server maintenance as of October 21, 2008 has temporarily taken this site offline. Please try back in a few days. Thank you.

This may be for tonight BUT, I have tried to connect for about 3 weeks and have always been sent to the discussion hompage and can never get to the chat page. Any idea why??
Yes, because on October 21st the server that hosts this website crashed. Since that point we've been running on a temporary server that keeps the board active, but nothing else. So all other aspects of the site are down until the new server is up and running.

I believe that there was some delay in initially getting the new server installed at the host site, but it's now in place. However our fearless leader, Anthony, does have one fear. That is flunking out of MIT. So he has to work on things in between his academic load to try and recover and rebuild the site.

hey now, i'm not even close to flunking out :lol:

I did manage to get the chat server installed at around 3am, but didn't have a chance to configure or get the java chat working. Since I'm gone the next two weekends as well, I should try to get that up before next week.

Aloha

Anthony about 2 weeks was hoping to get it fixed as he would be away, since it wasnt here last week I would expect it wont be here today.

I mis our group chat also but at least we have some way to come together where ever we may be physically.

Aloha
Anthony about 2 weeks was hoping to get it fixed as he would be away, since it wasnt here last week I would expect it wont be here today.

I mis our group chat also but at least we have some way to come together where ever we may be physically.
Sorry guys, I've been away for the past two weekends as well.

Rumor has it that Amtrak Unlimited Sunday Evening Chat might be up and running this next Sunday, 12-21-08.

Anthony?

If true, it presents a major hassle. Just when I was getting used to dealing with the OTOL room, AU chat gets restored. There's gonna be overlap, and everybody will be yelling at me because I'm not the world's best multitasker or multichatter.

I can see it now from both sides: "Damnit, Whooz, are you with us or with them?"

"But but but..."

"OTOL has free train tickets and beer."

"Hmmmm..."

"Amtrak Unlimited has free train tickets, beer, smokes, and women."

"Hmmmm..."

"Patrick, you must decide."

"Yes, Patrick. Decide."

"The hell you say. I'll do what I want, and I decide to not decide. So there. NYAHHH!"

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back