Checked Baggage Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

penfrydd

Service Attendant
I'm going from PDX to GPK on the EB. Since there's no checked bag service at GPK, does this mean that I shouldn't check my bags at PDX?

There is checked baggage to GPK. I assume you are going to GPK in the summer months? GPK is closed in the winter and the stop switches over to Browning. Browning does not offer checked baggage.

I previously commented on this subject. Notwithstanding the lack of a baggage symbol in the timetable checked baggage is, in fact handled to/from GPK in the summer. We traveled from Chicago to GPK this past June and did not check bags because, reading the timetable, we did not think the service was available. Upon arrival we saw that that was not the case and happily checked bags on our return trip.

I previously commented on this subject. Notwithstanding the lack of a baggage symbol in the timetable checked baggage is, in fact handled to/from GPK in the summer. We traveled from Chicago to GPK this past June and did not check bags because, reading the timetable, we did not think the service was available. Upon arrival we saw that that was not the case and happily checked bags on our return trip.

Apologies that me previous post of this response showed me as a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back