Checked luggage-Seattle to NYC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie1a

Train Attendant
Catching the Empire Builder in Seattle and change trains in Chicago to the Lakeshore Ltd. to Penn Station. Can I check luggage at Seattle all the way through to NYC or do I have to pick it up in Chicago and re-check it on the Lakeshore Ltd? I have a bedroom-how early will they allow boarding in Seattle?

Catching the Empire Builder in Seattle and change trains in Chicago to the Lakeshore Ltd. to Penn Station. Can I check luggage at Seattle all the way through to NYC or do I have to pick it up in Chicago and re-check it on the Lakeshore Ltd? I have a bedroom-how early will they allow boarding in Seattle?
No problem to check your luggage from SEA-NYP in SEA, just be sure they put the right tags on when you check it in SEA! Remember you wont have the bags available during your trip, so carry on what you'll need!!

As to the boarding, in SEA they allow the Sleeper pax to go through a seperate door to the platform to board the Train (usally 15-30 mins or so before), the Coach pax line up in the lobby @ the other door and Board after the Sleeper pax!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back