chicago for lunch

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfan

Service Attendant
Will be in Chicago Friday around lunch time and have a few hours to kill while waiting for the SW Chief , dose anyone

have a good recomendation of a place to eat lunch close to Union Station that would be a real taste of Chicago type

dinning?

Thanks

Trainfan

Giordino's! It's located few blocks away from the Union station. Last year, the first annual Amtrak Unlimited gathering went there and we had a blast!

Also, Chicago is famous for hot dog. There's one located on the food court in the union station.

Another place is Elephant & Castle, about 4-5 blocks east at 111 W. Adams. It's an English pub type restaurant/bar, great sandwiches and cold beer.

Lou Mitchell's just across from CUS on Jackson St. It may not be a taste of "Chicago" but you get a ton of food and it's like a truckstop type atmosphere where the decor etc hasn't changed in years. I have gone there twice, gotten a ton of food and really liked the place. Its just plain ol' good Americana Food!

Lou Mitchell's just across from CUS on Jackson St. It may not be a taste of "Chicago" but you get a ton of food and it's like a truckstop type atmosphere where the decor etc hasn't changed in years. I have gone there twice, gotten a ton of food and really liked the place. Its just plain ol' good Americana Food!
It's my first stop after getting off of #58 Al. It's a shame that downtown pedestrian traffic doesn't support it being open past 3 p.m.

if you are willing to walk. Billy Goats on lower Michigan ave. awesome. I love it. if not the above places rock just as much.

custom house on printers row is near the station (dearborn?). all three meals rock and it's in a chic setting. i never eat pizza when i go to chicago... so many other options!

if you are willing to walk. Billy Goats on lower Michigan ave. awesome. I love it. if not the above places rock just as much.
We will have a few hours in Chicago this summer on our way to Pittsburgh and I want to go to the Billy Goat. How far away is it from the station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back