Chicago L - Operator's View from Start to Finish

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They really shouldn't be posting videos like this, the terrorist could use it to figure out that Chicago has trains. I commute on the Blue Line, and now some ISIS terrorist is going to try to give me Ebola. Welcome to Obama's America...

Hopefully the post above was done tongue in cheek!?

There are actually low information voters out there (aka T-partiers) that actually believe right wing propaganda like this! See Elections 2014!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fairly sure that was tongue-in-cheek. ;)

Here's the return trip, Forest Park to O'Hare:

Thanks for catching the issue with the first one and reposting, Ryan.

Hmm....I wonder what was on the original version they didn't want us to see.

CPD is doing random bag checks at a different station each day for street theater to pretend this is protecting us. "Sir....how DARE you bring that sandwich aboard! Haven't you read the sign that says "no eating" on the train?"

TONS of track work and slow zones on that trip to O'Hare video.

Where's the part when you get to ride up the escalator?

Videos of lines going around the loop should be interesting, as it might be just one video from the same start/end point.

Yellow line they could practically run in real time, without the speed up.

Videos of lines going around the loop should be interesting, as it might be just one video from the same start/end point.

Yellow line they could practically run in real time, without the speed up.
They're doing every line, though, so we'll see the Loop several times. :)

There are awesome.

In the Red Line videos, it looks like you can walk in between Lake, Monroe, and Jackson on the platforms. Is that true?
You can on the Blue Line platforms a block west, but no longer on the Red line due to "construction" though from a casual view from the train windows the platform appears continuous. They cut it to create a connection for an "O'Hare Express Service" when Block 37 was built (across from, ugh, can't say it, evil, will go with the department store formerly known as Marshall Field's State Street Store) and included a station box for express trains to the airport, but nothing else was ever done other. It's big benefit was severing the platform, if you call that a benefit (though prepping for a future station, at least in theory is good, though I suspect a waste of money in this case).

I cant wait til Green Line, which branch they would use? :p
I'm curious about that too. :) Someone asked on the CTA page earlier, but the CTA hasn't answered yet.

Also, several people have commented that the video creators should leave the Yellow Line in real-time; otherwise, the video will be about one second long. :)

I hope METRA picks up on this and does their own series too.

Oberman, if you're reading this make it so!

I hope METRA picks up on this and does their own series too.

Oberman, if you're reading this make it so!
There are a ton of Metra Electric cabride videos already on YouTube - the new "highliners" have a railfan door at the front. I took one and was going to upload it and realized there were already dozens online. When I was a kid you could ride in the front vestibule of the highliners but they changed that in the mid-80s.

I've been looking forward to this one. The Orange and Pink are my favorites, mostly for the view of the city.

I wish they'd film those at night. :)

There are awesome.

In the Red Line videos, it looks like you can walk in between Lake, Monroe, and Jackson on the platforms. Is that true?
You can on the Blue Line platforms a block west, but no longer on the Red line due to "construction" though from a casual view from the train windows the platform appears continuous. They cut it to create a connection for an "O'Hare Express Service" when Block 37 was built (across from, ugh, can't say it, evil, will go with the department store formerly known as Marshall Field's State Street Store) and included a station box for express trains to the airport, but nothing else was ever done other. It's big benefit was severing the platform, if you call that a benefit (though prepping for a future station, at least in theory is good, though I suspect a waste of money in this case).
All that for a mere $200+ million.

Very enjoyable and they bring back memories of the Gathering in Chicago.

I do feel like I'm watching a Video Game and want to grab the controller and drive the train!

As has been said, this would be cool if every Big City did this with their Rail! Keep 'em coming!

Back