Chicago L - Operator's View from Start to Finish

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh, my old stomping grounds. The current Davis station was built while I was a student at Northwestern, so I remember the old Davis station, and especially the interim Davis station (which was actually a block north, at Church).

I kind of wish they'd done a video of the Purple Line Express all the way to the Loop, but I know there's no real "need" for it (since it's covered adequately by the Red Line and Brown Line videos).

Well, at least a video from Howard to Belmont would offer a bit of perspective on the low level track at Wilson.

I liked that temporary station in downtown Evanston!

Wow, what a mesmerizing, addicting series of videos. Well done, CTA. I forgive you for 20 minutes of slow zone delay!

It's really fascinating and a reminder of just how many neighborhoods are served by the L. And just how many trains are in

service at any given time. And what a complicated dance the loop interchanges are.

And yes, this type of video series should be mandatory for all rapid transit agencies...though I guess it would take a considerable

amount of time to watch the entire NYC subway system done in this manner.

I like the way they split the Green Line. I wondered how they were going to handle that.

Wow, I think I like these real-time ones even better than the sped-up versions. You really get a sense of the route. Plus, the absence of the techno music means you can hear the clickety clack of the wheels on tracks and crossovers.

Of course, they're not entirely real-time since the station stops are sped-up, but that's a production decision I 100% concur with.

But now I have to find the time to watch all of these blasted things. :angry: ;)

Back