Chicago Maintenance Facility

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!

I currently work for Eurostar in London, UK at their maintenance facility in a management position. I will be travelling to the USA with my fiancee (a US citizen) in late February and early March. I would love to be able to visit an Amtrak Maintenance Facility (Chicago would be closest) but have no idea how to go about finding contact information for Amtrak with which I can inquire. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

There is a strong possibility after marriage we end up in the States (although the current plan is to stay in UK as my job pays well) and as someone with 15+ years of train (mainly high speed) experience, it would be nice to have some contacts as well.

Thanks!

Start with Marc Magliari, Amtrak's Chicago-based spokesman. I've met him on several occasions and he's seems to be a very helpful person. Given your background with UK railroad maintenance, a tour of the Chicago facilities could probably be arranged.

The Amtrak PR Chicago office's phone number is (312) 880-5390 or email [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back