Chicago Railroads

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
I will be going to Chicago in about 2 weeks and I am wondering if there are any railroad museums or interests in the city or outside the city within reach of a METRA or CTA station. I already know about the various railroad exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry, I also no about the Pullman Porter museum abd the CTA loop architecture tour provided on Saturdays.

Jon,

If you haven't already, might I suggest posting this question over on OTOL too. There are a few members from the Chicago area over there, plus Kevin's a bit of an expert on these things. :)

Ps. If you are out there on a weekend, then buy Metra's weekend pass. For 5 bucks you can ride any Metra train to any destination all weekend long as many times as you like. It's the best deal going. We probably logged over 100 miles of Metra trackage during the fest, all for 5 bucks each.

Amfleet said:
I will be going to Chicago in about 2 weeks and I am wondering if there are any railroad museums or interests in the city or outside the city within reach of a METRA or CTA station. I already know about the various railroad exhibits at the Museum of Science and Industry, I also no about the Pullman Porter museum abd the CTA loop architecture tour provided on Saturdays.
One place I will go when I get to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back