Chicago

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else will be in Chicago? I have 11:30 tickets for the tour.
I'll even wear my Whooze-approved fez - or at least carry it with me!
I'll be there - I even have tickets for the same time, 11:30. I posted my tentative schedule yesterday in this post:

Sorry, I don't have any Whooze-approved apparel! :)
Aloha

You will have to remedy that in STL in October at the Gathering. :)

Though Everydaymatters has extensively customized her Fun Fez it remains easily within the stringent guidelines promulgated by the WhoozOn1st Directorate of Railfanning Apparel Approval & Enforcement.

i will be in chicago for train day but I think i am taking metra out to naperville still unsure about the tours... It is my 21st birthday so a drink or two is in order!

Who else will be in Chicago? I have 11:30 tickets for the tour.[

I'll be arriving in chi on the cardinal but I've never met anyone . I mostly post and send personal messages to AU members. I will roam around the displays in the great hall and see if I can spy any AU members and say hello. I will only be there for a while as I leave on the CZ that afternoon. John

So far we have 3 or 4 who will be in Chicago. OK, I'll wear the AU Fez, as authorized and approved by Whooz-on-1st.

Moderators - Do any of you have a picture of the fez so it can be easily identified by any who have never seen it?

I am coming in on the Wolverine and leaving on the Empire Builder that day. It would be great to meet someone from here. I am new to this board and find it very helpful!

So far we have 3 or 4 who will be in Chicago. OK, I'll wear the AU Fez, as authorized and approved by Whooz-on-1st.
Moderators - Do any of you have a picture of the fez so it can be easily identified by any who have never seen it?
Is there something we can do to identify each other? I wouldn't want to get too obnoxious, maybe something like a small sticker label and just write something simple like "AU" on it. I'd be willing to bring labels and a Sharpie for those that don't have one.

I will be there taking the 11:30 tour. If there is time before I board the Empire Builder, maybe the 12:30 also, I have tickets for both! I'll be the one stuffing my bag with all the swag. Only 10 more nights! See you there!

2010-TrainDay_250_blog.jpg

Aloha

"Your wish is my command" :rolleyes: Don't know Whooz under that Fez though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

712561698_nXJmv-M.jpg

Here is me sporting my Whooz Approved fez. In fact this is Whooz's picture :lol:
Long%20Train%20Long%20Branch.jpg

Like the picture! I noticed when you're on your cross-country trip in June you will be on the Coast Starlight into Portland the same day I'll be in Portland, waiting for the EB for my return to Spokane. If the CS is on time now I'll be able to see a familiar face wandering off the CS at its service stop there!

Aloha

"Your wish is my command" :rolleyes: Don't know Whooz under that Fez though. :lol: :lol: :lol:

712561698_nXJmv-M.jpg
Thanks, Eric and Long Train.

My fez is a little more "done up" than Long Train's, but not as much as Whooz's. My fez has the letters "A U" in white and a train track. The track is black.

How about if we all try to meet up by the Trails and Rails exhibit around 11 a.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently I was frightened by catching sight of myself in a mirror. Others in photo, L-R: Alice, Anthony, AlanB, and Grace, Alan's mom.

EDIT: Pic taken at Saturday group dinner during Amtrak Unlimited 3rd Annual Gathering, at Boston. Beer Factory, or something like that.

Though Everydaymatters has extensively customized her Fun Fez it remains easily within the stringent guidelines promulgated by the WhoozOn1st Directorate of Railfanning Apparel Approval & Enforcement.
Let's think a minute. OH YEAH, the "WO1DRAAE", I've heard of that before,LOL :lol: !

RF

I have the day off, and even though I'm still not 100% sure that I'll be able to come without being out a bit of cab money back and forth between Gateway Station, I have a ticket for the 11:30 tour now. Sure I'll have to take the first Lincoln in at butt-o'clock, but I can sleep on the way in if my sleep's not messed up from being kinda on vacation at that point :D

Whooz, you're calling it a "FunFez??? It took hours to go through your 2,473 page Fez Manual to see what was on the approved list.

I just found out that I will be working on the Trails & Rails exhibit on the Sightseer Lounge car that will be parked in the station. My shift is from 9:30-10:30AM walking around the station greeting folks and I will be on the actual car from 10:30AM-12:30PM... so come check it out and say "hi". To make this even more fun... I will have something special for you (Amtrak-related) if you come aboard and say you recognize this post on the AGR forum!!! :) Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back