Cincinnati to San Francisco

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_JGN_*

I'm taking my first cross country train ride from Cincinnati to San Francisco beginning 1am Saturday morning June 19th. I'm on the Zephyr beginning 2pm Saturday. I'm looking for some company to eat some meals with and conversation in the bar car. 40 year old male. Anyone on board? Or if you've traveled that route before let me hear about your experience and what to look for. Thanks, Jim

Hi,

You will find many people to talk to on your trip.. The food cars and viewing car offer great opportunities to chat with new people. In the dinning car you will be seated on the same table as others, up to 4 to a table, so it is easy to break the ice.

Ed :cool:

The great thing about train travel is that you can meet AND TALK TO (or not if you wish) many people at each meal, in the Lounge Car or aboard the train! On a plane, if you're seated in 21-A, you may talk to the person in 21-B - but I doubt you will talk to 15-F, 27-D or 2-A! On a train trip, you may find yourself having a meal with all of them! ;)

I'm taking my first cross country train ride from Cincinnati to San Francisco beginning 1am Saturday morning June 19th. I'm on the Zephyr beginning 2pm Saturday. I'm looking for some company to eat some meals with and conversation in the bar car. 40 year old male. Anyone on board? Or if you've traveled that route before let me hear about your experience and what to look for. Thanks, Jim

Are you going to use sleeper on the CZ? Anyhow, hope you able to find a company on the trip. I'll be going on CZ from bay area to Chicago next month.

I hope you have a pleasant trip! :)

I know it doesn't help but we'll be going Cincinnati to the west coast in October. Make sure you grab a seat in the Sightseer Lounge after breakfast in Denver.

Thanks for the good info. Keep it coming. I'm first on the waiting list for a room so hoping that will come through. Can't go 2 1/2 days without a shower. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back