Cleveland Amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I just have to comment on the fact that over 4,000 people have an interest in Amtrak parking in Cleveland? (Maybe it's one person with too much time on their hands?)

Puzzled!

Eddie :cool:

Every time you view the topic, you increase the counter, heck even making your post accounted for 2 views. Once when you came in to read things and once as you were returned to the topic after making your post. If you visited even a few times prior, then you've increased the counter 4 or 5 times yourself.

The staff alone probably accounts for a hundred of those views, since we read every post. And that means that each of us have probably visited this topic at least a dozen times, if not more.

All of these posts are from 2007. Are there any recent experiences?

About 18 months ago my car window was broken to gain entry. Along with apox 8-10 others. Strange thing is the only thing stolen was my jack. However everything in the car was thtown out. Overall upwards of $1000 damage. This however in all fairness seems to be an isolated incident. Probably kids.They even left my cd's. Not their taste.

Cleveland agents covered our windows with bags to keep out snow. They also put out car contents back in the cars. They got it right too. They are the best.

No recent events that I know of and I have made 8 trips since. I still park and leave the car 6-7 days at a time.

I would not worry . Go and enjoy. :cool:

I had to change several tickets at the CLE Amtrak station a while back. The agent was perhaps the single friendliest Amtrak employee I've ever run across. He went way above and beyond the call to help me out and figure out how I could make the changes in the most cost-effective way possible.
I second that feeling of the CLE agent, if it is the guy I'm thinking of. I travel out of CLE several times per year and that guy has always been the best part of the entire experience with Amtrak. He is even on Youtube in a video where the LSL is arriving and he drives by with the luggage cart.

And two more additional positives for the Amtrak staff in CLE. They have always been very friendly, willing to take time to help in getting tickets. :)

They even provided me with lots of materials to use in my Amtrak travel talks that I give in our community. :p

This crew should give a seminar to other Amtrak employees on how to treat the public and promote their employer. :D

Thank you, ALC_Rail_Writer, I had seen the Alliance stop -- but unfortunately we ALWAYS have luggage -- so we need to check our luggage through. We were hoping that there would be some type of public transportation ... as we also enjoy a bus ride ... it's like a guided bus tour without the narration. We also, hate driving when we don't know the area ... just too stressful for us.

We will be in a roomette from WAS to CLE, but from CLE to CHI we will be coach ... a question about boarding at 3 AM: is there a possibility of getting seats together(?) ... will we be waking people, already on board, up as we board the train, or is there a car for ALC/CLE? We will be checking bags at CLE through to EMY, so will not need to worry about bags in CHI at the Metropolitan Lounge.

We will also look into "Lolly the trolley" ... love that name ... as they were the only one I found that did a Cleveland City tour.

Again, thank you for your thoughts ....

For the last few years we have always been assigned seats out of CLE. Many times even as a group we have been seated togeather.

I haven't been to the station for a few years, but I haven't heard that anything changed or that it is unsafe.
The closest hotels are probably a 1/2 mile walk, nothing next to the station except the football stadium.
Since you'll be arriving in the middle of the night, it's probably best to get a cab to take you to a hotel.

I'm reviving this old thread to ask how the parking situation is now. Is it safe? Is it closed during hours when no trains are due?

Also, is there a hotel attached to the station?

I will probably be there mid to late July.
Betty, the parking lot is locked when the agents are not on duty (usually 10am to 11pm under some new hours changes). We have not had any problems with our car being left there but there have been some problems in the past few years with breakins. Never leave anything visible in the car is a safe rule. You must get a cab to get you to any nearby hotels. The station sits along the Shoreway and is not close to downtown streets, especially at the early morning hours of train times. There are always many cabs waiting when the trains arrive and will be a quick ride to downtown area up 9th Street. Although there is a rapid station along the CLE station area, it does not operate during train arrival hours. (go Figure??).

The station is safe and there are usually 2-3 agents on duty to meet your needs.

Thank you for the current information. It will be useful in making our plans. A neighbor and I are planning to visit both of our sisters near Cleveland.
Why not just ride the Cap or Lake Shore from Chicago Betty, then rent a car in Cleveland of you need one?
Thanks,Jim. We're looking at all the options we can think of before making a final decision.

Hello, what is the parking like here in 2022? Is it safe to leave your car for a week? If the return train arrives at 4am, will it be possible to retrieve the car at that time?

Hello, what is the parking like here in 2022? Is it safe to leave your car for a week? If the return train arrives at 4am, will it be possible to retrieve the car at that time?
I just rode back from California with an AU Friend from Ohio on the Train, and who parks his Car @ the Cleveland Amtrak Station while on trips.

He says it's Well Lighted, Fenced and No problems have occurred since it was Rehabbed.

The Cleveland Station is only Open @ Night and Closes for the day after #29 and #49 leave for Chicago.

There's nothing around the Station except the Browns Stadium, so take Snacks and Drinks for your wait and stay @ the Station.( wouldn't hurt to get there Early to get a Good Spot)

That was super helpful, thanks. Do you happen to know how far the station is from the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus? I’m arriving by train at 3:30am and will need to Uber to the Hotel InterCont on the Clinic campus.

That was super helpful, thanks. Do you happen to know how far the station is from the Cleveland Clinic Main Campus? I’m arriving by train at 3:30am and will need to Uber to the Hotel InterCont on the Clinic campus.
15 minutes if you get a good driver. 20 minutes if it's their first day and get on the highway. Downtown is completely dead at that time so you won't have any traffic.

Back