Club Acela use

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are travelling from Winter Haven, FL to Cleveland via Washington, DC. We will have a roomette from WTH to WAS. Does that allow us to use the Club Acela in DC? We have coach seats to CLE.

Yes!
cool.gif

As long as you have a same day sleeper either arriving or departing a city with a lounge, you are entitled to use that lounge!
excl.gif

Yes!
cool.gif

As long as you have a same day sleeper either arriving or departing a city with a lounge, you are entitled to use that lounge!
excl.gif
Just to add, you must present your WTH>WAS ticket stub to the CA attendant in order to get into the lounge. So don't misplace it or throw it away! You can also arrange for a Redcap for your connecting train with the CA attendant if you so desire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused as always. Is Club Acela the same as Metropolitan Lounge?

Can I use the Club Acela Lounge in New York Penn if I have a sleeper ticket, or do I need a first class Acela ticket to use the Club Acela Lounge?

That is confusing.

Can I use the Club Acela Lounge in New York Penn if I have a sleeper ticket, or do I need a first class Acela ticket to use the Club Acela Lounge?

That is confusing.
Yes, Club Acela is the same as Metropolitan Lounge. Amtrak uses different names for its lounges in different areas of the country.

You can use the Club Acela lounge in NY, if you have a sleeper ticket for that day (or the day before because sleepers are overnight) even if the sleeper doesn't start or stop in NY.

That is confusing.
They are basically the same. They are called "Club Acela' in BOS, NYP, PHL and WAS (because that is where Acela operates) and Metropolitan Lounges elsewhere. And yes, you can use either if you have a sleeper on either an arriving or departing train! :cool:

They are basically the same. They are called "Club Acela' in BOS, NYP, PHL and WAS (because that is where Acela operates) and Metropolitan Lounges elsewhere. And yes, you can use either if you have a sleeper on either an arriving or departing train! :cool:
Or if you happen to be AGR Select Plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back