ClubAcela ameneties and hours

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I was trying to look for hours for the ClubAcela lounges. One of my trips includes the Cardinal from IND to WAS or PHL. The train arrives in WAS at 7:45 pm and would like to use the ClubAcela. Will it be open? I'd like to use the other clubs as well. Is there a site saying when the lounges are open?

Chris

Oops, sorry Saxman. :( I saw this post the other day but didn't have time to reply and then forgot about it.

The Club Acela lounges are not open 24/7. I don't know of any place on the Amtrak site that lists the hours. I seem to recall that NY is open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. I think that NY has the longest hours of any of the lounges. Expect that the others are open for the same or slighly less time. Boston may close as early as 7:00 PM, since there are no first class departures after 6:20, now that the ex Federal has no sleeper. I think that Philly closes at 9:00 PM

I'm gonna be taking the Cardinal to Washington. It arrives at 7:45 pm. Although I'm not going 1st class, I have 5 passes to get in, and they expire in Feb. I may be flying out of DCA, the next day also. So anyone know about WAS's ClubAcela hours?

I expect that DC is probably open until 9 or 10 pm, so if you arrive on time then you might be able to use it for an hour or so. However, I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to just go to your hotel once you arrive.

You cannot however use the coupons on the next day. The coupon is only good with a same day Amtrak ticket or stub.

AlanB said:
Oops, sorry Saxman. :(  I saw this post the other day but didn't have time to reply and then forgot about it.  
The Club Acela lounges are not open 24/7.   I don't know of any place on the Amtrak site that lists the hours.  I seem to recall that NY is open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.  I think that NY has the longest hours of any of the lounges.  Expect that the others are open for the same or slighly less time.  Boston may close as early as 7:00 PM, since there are no first class departures after 6:20, now that the ex Federal has no sleeper.  I think that Philly closes at 9:00 PM

I agree with Alan on the approximate estimates, and that they indeed are not 24/7.

Thing is, I am sure the timetable USED to list the hours. Why it doesn't anymore, I can not imagine. It would be most helpful info.

The more I think about it, the more I think the hours (as formerly listed in the timetable, I am sure) were a uniform 6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. However, even if I were to find it in an old timetable, that does not mean that is still correct.

PRR 60 said:
The last Acela northbound departure from Washington is 8:00pm. My bet is the lounge closes then.
It's possible that they've shortened the hours, but last I knew that lounge was open to serve the Federal's departure at 10:00 PM.

Now yes the Federal is no more, but I haven't heard that Amtrak has removed the perk for Business Class passengers on 66 that allowed them the use of the lounge. I do know that the last time I did ride the Federal, I was in the lounge waiting for it.

Back