coach 120v outlets

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoejeff

Train Attendant
when boarding the cal zephyr in january, i plan to TRY to get one of the two seats with a plug outlet. i'm going to buy a 12 inch extension cord, because i know these outlets can be hard to get to, especially when plugging in a transformer (brick).

my one simple question: are these outlets 2 prong or 3 prong? my pda is 2 prong but my laptop has a 3 prong grounded plug. if they ARE 3 prong, does this apply to all the publicly accessible outlets on the train?

Every outlet I've seen is three prong, because some vaccum cleaners are three prong. However, just because the third prong is there does not mean the outlet is actually grounded.

Every outlet I've seen is three prong, because some vaccum cleaners are three prong. However, just because the third prong is there does not mean the outlet is actually grounded.
Perhaps now would be a good time to write to Amtrak about updating superliners with outlets at every seat. Since most travelers bring along something that needs recharging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back