Coach Ticket Price

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wkaemena

Lead Service Attendant
On 5th of Oct I am will go from CHI to ABQ on SWC in Roomette, everything booked many months ago in order to get a favorable price. After assisting the balloon festival I plan to continue to LAX with a side trip to the Grand Canyon. Now my questions: ABQ - LAX coach is 62$, ABQ-Williams 55$ and Williams-Lax 59$. Do I have to buy ABQ-Williams / Williams-Lax for 55+59 =114$ or is there a way to buy ABQ-LAX for 62$ and interrupt my travel in Williams for 24h.

Yes - and no!

If you purchase a full fare ticket, you can take another train that departs in under 24 hours (meaning less than 23 hours and 59 minutes) from when you arrive! (Example - If there were more then 1 train, you can arrive at 8:32 AM and depart at 4:57 PM for one coach fare.) However, with only 1 train a day, you would arrive at say 10:42 PM and depart at 10:42 PM! That would NOT be 23 hours and 59 minutes or less! So you would need 2 point to point tickets! :(

Yes - and no!
If you purchase a full fare ticket, you can take another train that departs in under 24 hours (meaning less than 23 hours and 59 minutes) from when you arrive! (Example - If there were more then 1 train, you can arrive at 8:32 AM and depart at 4:57 PM for one coach fare.) However, with only 1 train a day, you would arrive at say 10:42 PM and depart at 10:42 PM! That would NOT be 23 hours and 59 minutes or less! So you would need 2 point to point tickets! :(

Thanks for the information. I booked now a multi city ticket ABQ-WMA WMA LAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back