Coast Daylight

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vickinish

Train Attendant
I just watched a nice show on a local PBS station about the Coast Daylight. It was done in 2005 and had narration shots filmed in LAUS. Looked like a great train.

They talked about Union Station but also Central Station in LA. What station are they referring to there?

Vicki in Redondo Beach, CA

I just watched a nice show on a local PBS station about the Coast Daylight. It was done in 2005 and had narration shots filmed in LAUS. Looked like a great train.

They talked about Union Station but also Central Station in LA. What station are they referring to there?

Prior to LAUS, Los Angeles had three rail terminals, serving different railroads. The largest of these was Central Station at Fifth & Central (or Fifth & Alameda according to some reports). An interesting piece on the history of rail in Los Angeles is at http://www.railfan.net/lists/rshsdepot-digest/200209/msg00005.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Prior to LAUS, Los Angeles had three rail terminals, serving different railroads. The largest of these was Central Station at Fifth & Central (or Fifth & Alameda according to some reports). An interesting piece on the history of rail in Los Angeles is athttp://www.railfan.net/lists/rshsdepot-digest/200209/msg00005.html
Wasn't LA's Chinatown basically demolished for LAUPT's construction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back