Coast Starlight Ballcap

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neciebugs

Train Attendant
Is anyone riding the CS anytime soon? After the accident in Salinas and delay on Monday, then the hustle and bustle transferring from train to bus at 2 am, my youngest lost his ball cap. He was so proud of that hat and wore it everyday on our trip. When he realized it was missing he cried (he's 13 and rarely cries about anything anymore). He has Asperger's and one of his favorite things is trains, and this was his first trip via train. He was well behaved and the SCA and crew complimented me on how well behaved he was.

I want to get him a new one. They only sell them in the Parlor Car from what I understand. If anyone could get one and send it to me, I would reimburse the $12 for the hat and the shipping cost.

THANKS!!!

Denise, I don't have a cap, but I have a CS pin I would be happy to send your son. So sorry this happened to him. I understand the problem this presents to a child with Aspergers. Let me know if the pin will make him feel better.

Denise, I don't have a cap, but I have a CS pin I would be happy to send your son. So sorry this happened to him. I understand the problem this presents to a child with Aspergers. Let me know if the pin will make him feel better.
Thanks! But he really loved the hat! I am going to try to contact Rachel ... recommended in the subsequent post.

Contact this person:

Rachel Dye

Service Manager- Coast Starlight

Explain the situation with your son and maybe she can help you purchase a new one without a lot of trouble. Hope this works!
Thank you so much! I explained and asked if there was some way to get a new one. I also praised the crew of the train that day, and reported the poor treatment the passengers received upon arrival to LA. (I posted about it on another thread.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you gonna be able to get another cap? If not, PM me & I'll send you mine. I've only worn it a couple of times.

Edit: Daaahhh I'll be on the #11 in a month, if ya want a brand new one. Let me know.

Carefull, you might end up with enough caps to start a Coast Starlight Baseball Team!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back