Coast Starlight Connecting Bedrooms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunNut

Service Attendant
Please forgive me if this has been discussed before. I did a search and couldn't find the answer.

I plan to use points to book a bedroom on the Coast Starlight from LAX to PDX in February. Our friends want to do the same, so we want connecting bedrooms to make a "suite." I think I've read here that only bedrooms B & C connect, but I looked at Superliner diagrams that seem to show that D & E have a connecting door.

Can someone please set me straight? We want to book today, I will have to phone first and book, then my friend will have to phone immediately to get the adjoining bedroom. I find it's always wise to know more than the booking agent, to prevent "you can't do that" pronouncements.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks so much. This greatly increases our chance to get connecting rooms on the day we want to travel.

As said, bedrooms B/C and D/E do connect to make a suite. You are aware that a "suite" costs the same as 2 bedrooms!

Here's an idea: Why not one of you book BOTH rooms! :excl: (Example: Mr Smith books Bedroom E and Mrs Smith books bedroom D.) This way when Mr & Mrs Jones decide to go, the names on the rooms can be changed or just added. (It really doesn't matter who's in which room.) Otherwise, bedroom D may get sold before the other's call! :eek:

But these rooms will be "paid" in AGR points. Neither party has enough points to pay for both rooms. Will have to take our chances that the adjoining room can be booked right after the first one.

Adjoining rooms would be nice, but remember, if not adjoining, you're still only a stumble away!!!! (At least til you get your Train Legs beneath you!)

Have Fun

But these rooms will be "paid" in AGR points. Neither party has enough points to pay for both rooms. Will have to take our chances that the adjoining room can be booked right after the first one.
Well if you live close to each other, have one or the other come over and make a joint phone call. Or if you have the right kind of phone, like for example an iPhone, do a conference call. Get your friend on the line first, then call AGR and explain what's going on right up front. Then each party can provide their info and hopefully the agent can grab both rooms quick enough.

B/C and D/E connect.
On the CZ in April 2011, I was in Bedroom C and it connected with D (on Superliner 1 equipment)... how is this possible?
It's not possible. Not unless someone brought along a very big saw to cut a hole.

You have to have gotten something backwards.
OK then, I guess my memory escaped me
mosking.gif

I just looked it up, and even though I was right about being in bedroom C, I thought that A was closest to the stairs, not the farthest... my mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in New Mexico, the other party is in Oregon. So making a joint call isn't possible. Thanks for the comments and answers.

My home is in such a remote area, cell phones don't work here. But my friend has cell service, so maybe we can connect that way. Thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back