Coast Starlight Head rest

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rail Freak

Engineer
The Coast Starlight Roomette seats had head rest covers with the CS Logo on them(cheap protection from people's hair/heads attached by velcro). Well I grabbed a couple, as I figured they got thrown out anyway. I went to Michaels Arts & Crafts & bought a cheap frame. It turned out nice!!! Can you tell I've been a little bored since I detrained? :lol:

RF

The Coast Starlight Roomette seats had head rest covers with the CS Logo on them(cheap protection from people's hair/heads attached by velcro). Well I grabbed a couple, as I figured they got thrown out anyway. I went to Michaels Arts & Crafts & bought a cheap frame. It turned out nice!!! Can you tell I've been a little bored since I detrained? :lol:

RF
Next thing you know, you're going to be laminating the dining car order slip form! You'd better get on a train quick!!! :help: :rolleyes:

I already have several Diner Menus, Route Guides and such on display and even have a Cafe Menu from the Wolverine framed and hanging in the bathroom - only place that had suitable wall space :)

:hi: Lots of our Members collect RailRoad collectibles,it's a Great Hobby! If Im not mistaken Bill Haithcoat might have the most timetables of anyone this side of a Museum and RobTavern has his Condo decorated in things Amtrak! The infamous Rhode Island tightwad known as the_traveler is probably the only one that talked Amtrak into making stops at his House CTE! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

I use to live in a building that overlooks the former B&O (Now CSX) Metropolitan Branch. In honor of the wonderful view, I bought a B&O Capitol Dome logo plaque which I ended up putting in the bathroom on the wall behind the toilet. Now maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times, but It did not occur to me, until a few months later, that some folks might interpret the initials B&O the wrong way. :blink: :eek:hboy: :ph34r:

I use to live in a building that overlooks the former B&O (Now CSX) Metropolitan Branch. In honor of the wonderful view, I bought a B&O Capitol Dome logo plaque which I ended up putting in the bathroom on the wall behind the toilet. Now maybe I'm a bit slow on the uptake at times, but It did not occur to me, until a few months later, that some folks might interpret the initials B&O the wrong way. :blink: :eek:hboy: :ph34r:
LOL

The infamous Rhode Island tightwad known as the_traveler is probably the only one that talked Amtrak into making stops at his House CTE! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:
And the few that don't stop salute him. :lol: :help: :lol: :wub:

RF
I took both of them in my roomette on my my recent trip. :blush:

I even brazenly told the SCA about it as I detrained, and she was really tickled by it.

Mine has always been Amtrak etched wine glasses.

Of all the LD routes I've been on, the only set I didn't get was the Desert Wind. I do have two sets of Pioneer glasses. One trip out of CHI to LAX on the old Zephyr-Desert Wind-Pioneer. I got a Desert Wind tote bag in my roomette. But I lifted the Pioneer glasses instead of the DW. Still kicking myself for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back