Come & Ride with me on the Empire Builder!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtabern

Conductor
I just wanted to invite everyone on the forum to come out and be part of my Trails & Rails tour this summer on the Empire Builder. Not to toot my own horn... but I think I give a pretty kick-ass presentation!!!

So here's the dates:

June 19 #7 CHI-MSP

June 20 #8 MSP-CHI

June 26 #7 CHI-MSP

June 27 #8 MSP-CHI

July 3 #7 CHI-MSP

July 4 #8 MSP-CHI

July 23 #7 CHI-MSP

July 24 #8 MSP-CHI

July 29 #7 CHI-MSP

July 30 #8 MSP-CHI

September 12 #7 CHI-MSP

September 13 #8 MSP-CHI

September 19 #7 CHI-MSP

September 20 #8 MSP-CHI

Too bad you didn't get July 16th #8, you could have entertained the OTOL gang, including a few who are also members here. :(

I just wanted to invite everyone on the forum to come out and be part of my Trails & Rails tour this summer on the Empire Builder. Not to toot my own horn... but I think I give a pretty kick-ass presentation!!!
So here's the dates:

June 19 #7 CHI-MSP

June 20 #8 MSP-CHI

June 26 #7 CHI-MSP

June 27 #8 MSP-CHI

July 3 #7 CHI-MSP

July 4 #8 MSP-CHI

July 23 #7 CHI-MSP

July 24 #8 MSP-CHI

July 29 #7 CHI-MSP

July 30 #8 MSP-CHI

September 12 #7 CHI-MSP

September 13 #8 MSP-CHI

September 19 #7 CHI-MSP

September 20 #8 MSP-CHI
I'll be on June 29 westbound and July 9 eastbound - sorry I'll miss you.

Robert - do you get AGR points for all those trips!!
No... Amtrak pays for your travel, meals, and hotel when you do Trails & Rails... so no AGR points since nothing comes out of your pocket. I could however buy a ticket on a short leg of the trip -- let's say from Portage to the Wisconsin Dells or something -- and give it to the conductor to put in their pouch if I wanted the points. However, I looked in to that and it would only really be profitable to do if I was getting double or triple points. I already qualified for Select Plus for 2011, so I am not hurting there either right now. But yeah, if they have double or triple points, I'd buy a ticket for part of the trip there.

I'll be on the #7 (CHI-SEA) on Sept 20. I'll wave as we go by. :p
I am tentatively on that one as well, as far as MSP anyway.

Last year I listened in on a southbound EB trails and rails program, I recall Wisconsin Dells being their turn point. Did the program get extended westward or is the turn point the volunteer's choice?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about the 28th of September 2010

I am traveling here. . .

28 Empire Builder

<Departs>

Whitefish, MT (WFH)

29-SEP-10; 7:46 am

<Arrives>

Chicago - Union Station, IL (CHI)

30-SEP-10; 3:55 pm

Continuing to NY Penn Station

Back