Conflicting info regarding my promo registrations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edgefan

Service Attendant
I was plinking around on the AGR website to see if there was anything I might have missed. The home page shows the rotating five current promos. It actually says I'm registered on the "take ten" promo there. As it advanced to the Acela bonus points promo, it did not show I was registered until I actually clicked on the "register me" button. Then it showed I was indeed already regitered for it. So I moved on, I clicked on "my account" on the AGR toolbar. On that page I then clicked on "my promotions". There, it states that I have not registered for any promotions. Too soon to panic, as my first date for these promos isn't until 10/19/10, but is a call to AGR warranted? :blink:

Why do I think that going live with the new AGR website is, in fact, the Beta Testing for the site. Even by Amtrak standards, the new AGR website is a total FUBAR situation. Poor Vickie from AGR (AGR Insider at Flyertalk) has not had a good week. As far as I know, no one has seen a single point post since the changeover, and that is now over a week ago. Are we a little scared yet?

I know there are a lot of people here who really like Amtrak, but seriously, is this not typical of anything Amtrak does. Bringing AGR in-house was a classic good news, bad news situation. The good news: the program would be in-house. The bad news: in-house means Amtrak.

In answer to your question, I don't know what to tell you. With the CO miles to points transfer situation of another poster, the AGR reps had no clue anything was wrong on the AGR end and blamed CO. You can call and wait the requisite 30 minutes, but I'm not sure you'll know anymore when you get off the phone than you did before you called. I think all we can do is sit and wait until all this gets sorted out.

I wonder if Amtrak has any IT positions open?

Poor Vickie from AGR (AGR Insider at Flyertalk) has not had a good week. As far as I know, no one has seen a single point post since the changeover, and that is now over a week ago. Are we a little scared yet?
Vicki specifically said that no transfers and no trip points would be posting until the sort out the current rash of problems. Bringing in any more data will only make the current problems worse. IIRC, she said that she hoped to announce dates of when things might start posting at some point this coming week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do I think that going live with the new AGR website is, in fact, the Beta Testing for the site. Even by Amtrak standards, the new AGR website is a total FUBAR situation. Poor Vickie from AGR (AGR Insider at Flyertalk) has not had a good week. As far as I know, no one has seen a single point post since the changeover, and that is now over a week ago. Are we a little scared yet?

I know there are a lot of people here who really like Amtrak, but seriously, is this not typical of anything Amtrak does. Bringing AGR in-house was a classic good news, bad news situation. The good news: the program would be in-house. The bad news: in-house means Amtrak.

In answer to your question, I don't know what to tell you. With the CO miles to points transfer situation of another poster, the AGR reps had no clue anything was wrong on the AGR end and blamed CO. You can call and wait the requisite 30 minutes, but I'm not sure you'll know anymore when you get off the phone than you did before you called. I think all we can do is sit and wait until all this gets sorted out.

I wonder if Amtrak has any IT positions open?
There have been posts since the changeover. In my account, one SPG transfer after the changeover did post the very next day:

10/05/2010 Starwood Show Details

Point type: Exchange

Point reason:

Other Earning 5,000

While my 5,000 point transfer after the changeover did post, as I said in my other post, my 25,000 point transfer just before the changeover is MIA.

I was plinking around on the AGR website to see if there was anything I might have missed. The home page shows the rotating five current promos. It actually says I'm registered on the "take ten" promo there. As it advanced to the Acela bonus points promo, it did not show I was registered until I actually clicked on the "register me" button. Then it showed I was indeed already regitered for it. So I moved on, I clicked on "my account" on the AGR toolbar. On that page I then clicked on "my promotions". There, it states that I have not registered for any promotions. Too soon to panic, as my first date for these promos isn't until 10/19/10, but is a call to AGR warranted? :blink:
This has also happened to me as well. :huh: but we will give it some time.

Back