CONNECTING BUSES

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

What is the most direct way to travel from Santa Rosa, CA to Sacramento CA? I believe that there is a bus from Santa Rosa to Martinez where it hooks up with the Capitol Corridor train, but I can't find any information on that bus.

Anybody familiar with this connection?

Thank you.

Welcome to Amtrak Unlimited!

I just did a search on Amtrak.com's reservations interface for Santa Rosa, CA to Sacramento, CA, and found several departures daily to Martinez (6am, 7:30am, 11:35am and 4:10pm, and 5:55pm), connecting as you rightly thought to the Capitol Corridor, California Zephyr, or Coast Starlight.

I'm not sure what specific information you're looking for on the bus. I assume it's a typical Amtrak Thruway motorcoach (fairly new, decent condition, typical Amtrak employee driving it, whatever that means...). Checked luggage won't be offered, but you should be able to load larger bags in the storage area underneath the bus. The run's about two to two and a half hours (the latest bus takes longer, for some reason--maybe a different route or PM traffic) to Martinez.

I don't have any particular knowledge about this specific bus, but if you need any specific information, feel free to post back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back