CONO 1999 consist

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donctor

Conductor
I used to take 58/59 somewhat frequently CHI-CHM, and I remember the consist being significantly longer than it is today. I've established what the CONO looked like when it was Heritage, and what it looked like when it became Hi-Level/Superliner. I know what it looks like today, shared by the Eagle.

I recall seeing news reports about the Bourbonnais incident the following morning. The train was definitely longer than it is today. According to the consist page of the accident report, the consist was as follows:

807 P40DC

829 P40DC

1166 Heritage Baggage

39004 Superliner II Trans-Dorm

32035 Superliner I Sleeper

38020 Superliner I Diner

34089 Superliner I Coach

31034 Superliner I Coach/Bag

31540 Superliner I Coach Smk.

33009 Superliner I Lounge

35001 Superliner I Snack Coach

31016 Superliner I Coach/Bag

32031 Superliner I Sleeper

32046 Superliner I Sleeper

38032 Superliner I Diner

32058 Superliner I Sleeper

Cars in bold were not occupied

How is it that 32031 was occupied, but the two cars between it and the lounge were not? Did those cars open in Memphis?

As best I can figure, this is the Empire Builder with three deadheads on the end. Yes/no?

IIRC the set was a run through from the Empire Builder, thus the odd line up. It seems possible that the last two cars were being deadhead to NOL for Maintenance or for positioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back