Consist Texas Eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tony m. m.

What is the consist of the TE east bound out of SAS after the thru cars are put in from the SL? Do the thru cars just get hooked up on the rear or do coachs go in with the other coachs and sleepers in with other sleepers?

What is the consist of the TE east bound out of SAS after the thru cars are put in from the SL? Do the thru cars just get hooked up on the rear or do coachs go in with the other coachs and sleepers in with other sleepers?
P42, P42, Trans/Dorm, Sleeper, CCC, SSL or second CCC, Coach-bag, Coach, Coach

BTW, YOUTUBE can be a good source for Amtrak consists.

Last edited by a moderator:
P42, P42, Trans/Dorm, Sleeper, CCC, SSL or second CCC, Coach-bag, Coach, Coach

BTW, YOUTUBE can be a good source for Amtrak consists.
Gotta love YouTube, it made Railfanning even better!

A big switch is made in San Antonio, aligning Sleepers with Sleepers, and Coach with Coach.

Would be nice if they put the Sleepers aft, and Coach forward for a change.

For a while they were putting the 421 sleeper on the rear, with the 421 coach right in front. The 21 sleeper was up front next to the trans/dorm.

And I think that you're missing one sleeper from the consist there GML. Should be an Eagle sleeper and a through sleeper.

Unless things have changed in the past month or so, there's only 1 P42. I just hope now that peak season is over Amtrak has not carried out their threat to remove the Sightseer from consist. That will make for a lot of upset riders.

For a while they were putting the 421 sleeper on the rear, with the 421 coach right in front. The 21 sleeper was up front next to the trans/dorm.
And I think that you're missing one sleeper from the consist there GML. Should be an Eagle sleeper and a through sleeper.
I note that 21's sleeper only has roomettes on days when 421 runs. I suggest this probably means "21"'s sleeper is 4-8 roomettes worth of Transdorm space. I have never seen the Eagle run with 2 full sleepers.

I note that 21's sleeper only has roomettes on days when 421 runs. I suggest this probably means "21"'s sleeper is 4-8 roomettes worth of Transdorm space. I have never seen the Eagle run with 2 full sleepers.
I have, but that's not to say that they haven't cut back on a sleeper.

As of a year ago when I was able to hang out with the switching crew in San Antonio all night, the consist was the following after the Eagle was assembled to head north:

P42

Transdorm

Sleeper (422 only)

Diner (this was before it went CCC)

Sightseer

Coach-baggage

Coach

Coach (422 Only)

Rafi

As of a year ago when I was able to hang out with the switching crew in San Antonio all night, the consist was the following after the Eagle was assembled to head north:
P42

Transdorm

Sleeper (422 only)

Diner (this was before it went CCC)

Sightseer

Coach-baggage

Coach

Coach (422 Only)

Rafi
My Texas Eagle consist was the same, 'cept for a second engine and a diner-lounge sted diner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back