Construction @ CYN on the CSX line

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

~Guest~

Hello,

Was wandering around town today, and saw some curious construction at the station (Well, DMV office <_< ) here in Cary, NC on the CSX track. Odd, because amtrak only uses the nearly parallel NS track here.

In the past, the CSX track was obstructed by a fence, and nearly invisible from the brush. The fence is gone (replaced by snow fencing), and the brush cleared. Anyone know what is going on here?

The TTA commuter rail project seems dead in the water, and this platform is not in the area the city has already bought for the commuter rail project, so it doesn't seem related to this either. Any thoughts?

~Guest~ said:
Hello,
Was wandering around town today, and saw some curious construction at the station (Well, DMV office <_< ) here in Cary, NC on the CSX track. Odd, because amtrak only uses the nearly parallel NS track here.

In the past, the CSX track was obstructed by a fence, and nearly invisible from the brush. The fence is gone (replaced by snow fencing), and the brush cleared. Anyone know what is going on here?

The TTA commuter rail project seems dead in the water, and this platform is not in the area the city has already bought for the commuter rail project, so it doesn't seem related to this either. Any thoughts?
Plans are to begin stopping the "Silver Star" at Cary, NC. The "Star" operates over that CSX trackage to head down towards SOP and HAM and make its trek towards CLB and on down to SAV to rejoin the route to FL. I am unaware of a timeline of when this is to occur, but it is long needed if you ask me! We have dropped many a passenger off a late train #92 in the street at Cary so they can catch their "Piedmont" and make connections towards GRO and the other stops on that NS route. Right now #92 makes its connection with that train at RGH. OBS...

I was under the impression that the Star has already begun stopping at Cary. Is the current timetable incorrect, or the CSX platform project behind and the stop to begin "at a date to be determined?"

Nah, I don't know for sure. I would presume the project is just behind. I noticed a time was already listed in the schedule shortly after I posted, too. OBS...

AmtrakFan said:
OBS,When they let people off in the Middle of the Street. How far did they have to walk to get to the Pidemont?
About fifty or sixty yards if that much. The two tracks are pretty close together at that spot even though they are diverging away from each other. OBS...

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
AmtrakFan said:
OBS,When they let people off in the Middle of the Street.   How far did they have to walk to get to the Pidemont?
About fifty or sixty yards if that much. The two tracks are pretty close together at that spot even though they are diverging away from each other. OBS...
OBS,

Thanks for the explenation ;)

The NARP Hotline is reporting the Star will add the stop effective with the April 24 Timetable, just over three months from now. Hope that explains it. B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back