Continential OnePass to AGR

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike S.

Service Attendant
Hey guys,

I was thinking of joining Continental OnePass just so I can earn points to transfer to AGR. I have an opportunity to cash in some rewards dollars that will buy OnePass miles. Anyone know anything about OnePass? Can I do this even if I never take a flight?

Mike S.

I'm not sure if there is a sign up bonus, but even if there is, you may have to take a flight to earn it. Another idea is to apply for their MC. There is a $65 (IIRC) annual fee, but you earn a big bonus with your 1st purchase. You could then transfer those over too.

What I do also is use the CO OnePass account as a "holding account" - as the miles (currently) do not expire and transfer to AGR as 1:1! I also do some shopping at their mall, if it gives more per $ than AGR. (Example: Sears at AGR gives 1/$, but at CO it gives 3/$!) But you also have to remember that CO->AGR MUST be in 5,000 blocks ONLY! (No chance to transfer 3,489 miles! It must be 5K, 10K, 15K, etc...) Also remember that CO could drop out without warning. (UA did!)

Hey guys,
I was thinking of joining Continental OnePass just so I can earn points to transfer to AGR. I have an opportunity to cash in some rewards dollars that will buy OnePass miles. Anyone know anything about OnePass? Can I do this even if I never take a flight?

Mike S.
I've never taken a flight on Continental. I've been able to transfer 45,000 miles from OnePass to Amtrak Guest Rewards: 20,000 from miles I earned several years ago transferred from American Express Membership Rewards to OnePass, 20,000 from the Continental OnePass Credit Card first purchase bonus and the rest from E-miles points and credit-card purchases.

Back